On Wed, 26 May 2010, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:

Hi,

> I've successfully tested olesrv2 with oletst2.
> Then I tried to access olesrv2 from jscript/vbscript. Since
> I'm using Win7 x64, first I built olesrv2 with msvc64,
> and registered it, which went OK. msvc64 compilation showed
> these warnings:
>    ..\hbolesrv.def : warning LNK4104: export of symbol 'DllRegisterServer'
> should be PRIVATE
>    ..\hbolesrv.def : warning LNK4104: export of symbol 'DllUnregisterServer'
> should be PRIVATE

Please add PRIVATE for above functions to .def files.

> With these scripts:
> --- tst2.jscript
> {
>    var tst2 = new ActiveXObject( "MyOleTimeServer" );
>
>    WScript.stdout.WriteLine( tst2.TIME() );
> }
> --- tst2.vbscript
> Dim tst2 : Set tst2 = WScript.CreateObject("MyOleTimeServer")
> WScript.stdout.WriteLine tst2.TIME()
> ---
> Both worked when run from 'cscript'. They also worked with
> (default) 'wscript' when using GUI output function:
> --- tst2.vbs
> Dim tst2 : Set tst2 = WScript.CreateObject("MyOleTimeServer")
> WScript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Popup tst2.TIME()
> ---

Thank you very much for your tests.

> The only thing I noticed is that "TIME()" is case-sensitive,
> so probably a HB_HSETCASEMATCH() call would be needed in sample
> server.

Yes but if case sensitive OLE server are not necessary then I can
add automatic conversion.

> Great job!

Thank you very much. Please only remember that it's initial version.
I'm waiting for user propositions of modifications/extensions, i.e.
if someone has some experience with other OLE/COM server implementations
for [x]Harbour and can send here information about their user API then
I can try to implement some compatibility layer.