Viktor Szakáts wrote:

>>  + contrib/hbqt/hbqt.h
>>    + Added: constants hbqt_par_Qsci*
>>      ; TODO make them local.
>
> This is serious modularization fault,
> even for an initial upload. Pls fix it.

Yes, sure.
I need a name of such .h - hbqt_local.h ?

>>    + Initial upload of wrappers for QScintilla.
>>      To generate the sources auto you need to stay in hbqt/hbqscintilla
>>      and issue ../generator/hbqtgen.
>>
>>      HB_WITH_QSCINTILLA and HB_WITH_QT need be properly defined.
>>      I am still finding where to host modified QScintilla, any tips ?
>
> Are you sure you need to modify this
> external lib to make it work with HBQT?

My experiments say it is must.

1. Flagship lexer is not implemented in QScintilla which I did.
2. May be it can go, but a lot of warnings while compiling QScintilla as per
   Harbour make system.
3. I could only build static lib, .a, and do not know how to a shared one,
.dll.
4. One serious issue which I could not resolve, commenting out a line
    delete [] words; solved the problem, otherwise GPF. I know it may lead
    to leaked memory but unless someone with more knowledge look into it,
    I could not fix. "words" is defined as - char * words.
5. It is just the begining, I may need some more tweaking to achieve
    some more goals, so may be needing to tweak Scintilla sources itself.
6. Author, Phil Thomson, did not reply when I offered Flagship lexer code
    to him plus few fixes to get rid of the warnings. His only reply was,

"I don't understand this. By including QScintilla your application must
becompatible with the GPL. This means that you must make all the source
codeavailable to your users, and allow them to rebuild the application. So
whycan't you build it yourself as well? "

    It was on request that if he can provide a binary distro anyway because
Harbour
    users do not know enough about Qt and its build system.
    As hbIDE itself is open source, it confirm to GPL license, so no issues.
    The only problem is how to manage it.

> My suggestion is to keep modifications to
> barest minimum, subclass instead, include
> Harbour specific stuff (like lexer) inside
> the wrapper lib, and submit any fixes to
> author, until he applies them (IF he applies
> them) workaround your wrapper code to work
> with plain vanilla unfixed QSCINTILLA code.
>
> This way everyone can get the QSCINTILLA
> component from its original, official source,
> just like they do for all other 3rd party
> components. This method scales much better
> than if you start maintaining a 3rd party
> library source and users have no other choice
> than relying on you (and only you) to get
> those sources in usable form. They also rely
> on you to get updates. This is essentially
> a QSCINTILLA _fork_ as of current state.

Everyone can get the sources but only handful
will be able to build it, and this defeats the purpose.
I could build it with hbMK2 nicely but only as a static one.

I know the cost of maintenance, but do not have
any other alternative.

-----
     enjoy hbIDEing...
        Pritpal Bedi