>   + contrib/hbcomm
>   + contrib/hbcomm/Makefile
>   + contrib/hbcomm/hbcomm.hbc
>   + contrib/hbcomm/hbcomm.prg
>   + contrib/hbcomm/hbcomm.hbp
>   + contrib/hbcomm/tests
>   + contrib/hbcomm/tests/hbmk.hbm
>   + contrib/hbcomm/tests/test.prg
>     + Added HBCOMM compatibility library. It's based on hbct
>       COM functions. Not tested with real port. Also see one
>       TOFIX and one INCOMPATIBILITY note inside. The latter
>       belongs to INCHR() function which in original HBCOMM
>       library will do HVM corruption by overwriting string
>       content passed as 3rd parameter. In Harbour 3rd
>       parameter needs to be passed by reference.
>       Also added fully adapted test code from HARBOUR MINIGUI
>       project. Interestingly this code was using the return
>       value of INCHR() to get the returned buffer, which was
>       in sync with included HBCOMM code. Anyway, hopefully
>       this can be finalized based on report from real users.

Thank you for your contribution.
I do not know HBCOMM library so I cannot help you much but you
wrote in the code:

   /* Send out characters. Returns .t. if successful. */
   FUNCTION OUTCHR( nPort, cString )
      RETURN com_send( nPort, cString )

and this function return number of character which were not sent.
If your comment is correct then it should be changed to:

   FUNCTION OUTCHR( nPort, cString )
      RETURN com_send( nPort, cString ) == 0

otherwise the description should be updated.