On Mon, 31 May 2010, vszak...@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

>   + contrib/hbwin/tests/oletst2.vbs
>   + contrib/hbwin/tests/oletst2.js
>     + Added vbscript and jscript test code.

Thank you.
Can you create some more complicated example for VBS or
some other languages to test data exchanging.
Something like oletst4.prg can be used to test different
item types.

BTW now Harbour passes parameters by reference using strong type
based on original value, i.e.:
   var := 123
   oOle:msg( @var )
passes 'var' as VT_I4 | VT_BYREF. Such method was chosen after
Toninho and/or Alex tests. Sorry I do not remember who exactly
tested it but the results sent to this list suggested that some
OLE servers do not accept more general version with parameters
passed as VT_VARIANT | VT_BYREF which allow to change the type
of assigned value.
Anyhow such implementation is limitation and maybe we should
add an option to always use VT_VARIANT | VT_BYREF when parameters
are passed by reference. It works very nice when client and inporc
server are written using Harbour (ole{srv,tst}4.prg is such code
example) but now it's necessary to use NIL as passed value to force
using VT_VARIANT | VT_BYREF.
I'm thinking about adding sth like:
   __oleStrongRef( <pOle> [, <lNewSetting> ] ) -> <lPrevSetting>
but I would like to know if OLE users will find it useful and
if other non strong type languages pass OLE parameters by reference
using VT_VARIANT | VT_BYREF so I'm interesting in test results, i.e.
how such parameters are passed by xbase++?