We've got just one more day to go here folks and tonight's the big grand finale: John
Kerry's speech.  Our producing spy at the "Tong", Brian Doherty, reports that Kerry's
speech will be 50-55 minutes long!  So not only should you break out the popcorn but
also the coffee. Brian also hears that the speech hopes to achieve several things:
Inspire confidence in his leadership abilities. "He's the right man for the right
times." They further inform us that these are "serious" times.  When are they not?
Kerry also plans to provide insight into himself, his values and where he wants to
take the country.  Finally, the speech promises to take "a step ahead, continue
building and consolidating the vote," whatever that means.  Another phrase we're
hearing is "serious times call for serious people."

For What It's Worth: P Diddy's (or is he back to "Puffy"?) been making the rounds
promoting his "vote or die" project and this morning our own MSNBC
correspondent/Hardblogger Chris Jansing interviewed him.  Towards the end he asked her
"Are you gonna get down with this"? which I roughly interpreted as "Are you going to
vote and encourage your friends to vote"?  Chris responded with something like "Are
you kidding? Of course I am!"  Ron Reagan interviewed Diddy today and we'll "chunk" it
tonight

Our All-Star panelists (Dee Dee, Ron, Gergen plus Howard, Willie, Andrea & Joe) are
back at 6 & 8 pm ET.  We're on the air until Midnight and then Joe & Ron break out the
smooth jazz theme music for "Convention After Hours."  Ooh, sounds dangerous...

In today's blog

-David Shuster finds himself salsa dancing with scantily clad women and runs into
California Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante
-Terry Jeffrey critiques the "Liberal John Twins"
-Chris Jansing does some star gazing
-And Joe Trippi finds out the identity of the elusive & mysterious blogger "Atrios"

-Stay tuned for more postings tonight

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5445086

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received
The Hardball Briefing Newsletter because you subscribed to it or,
someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=19

http://privacy.msn.com