Hardball airs tonight on MSNBC at 7p, 11p & 4a ET & 4p, 8p & 1a PT  Find MSNBC on your
TV http://www.msnbc.com/CableOperator.asp  MSNBC also is on your XM satellite radio on
channel 130

Folks you know I don't often make the "pop the popcorn, break out the TV tray" call
but tonight is one such night...Elvis is back on the campaign trail and we're on the
case...Bill Clinton headlines a rally at Love Park in Philly and we're sending the
city's native son Chris there to bring you the sights, the sounds and yes, the smells
of it all...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6328991/

And what trip to Philly would be complete without a chat with Eddie Rendell, the
Governor and fmr. mayor of Philly?  We'll lead with hizzoner..

Chris also talks with Philly Congressman Chaka Fattah and Dem mayor of Scranton Chris
Doherty about the importance of Clinton and PA to this election...Representin' the GOP
we got PA Senator Rick Santorum and Chris' bro Jim Matthews, chairman of the
Montgomery County board of commissioners, which is a Philly suburb containing the main
line and Conshohocken (got to give a shoutout to my peeps in da Conshy)...My wife, who
is from the area and of course knows everything, tells me that Montgomery is one of
four key Philly suburbs which will decide the state...So you must pay heed to Jim's
words...Btw, he's a little more chilled than Chris...He doesn't do the "Hah!" thing
like Chris...

Shuster will bring you the latest from the campaign ad wars...He's got some doozys..

We'll do some serious political slicin' and dicin' with fmr. star Philly correspondent
(she got her start in TV there) Andrea Mitchell and Pittsburgh native Howard Fineman...

And oh yeah, we'll finish up with Saturday Night Live's Hardball spoof they opened the
show with last week...Must see TV tonight folks...

I'm also getting word from our peeps at DNT (Deborah Norville Tonight) that they're
looking at a Coulter/Ed Shultz match up at 9 pm ET tonight...That ought to be hot as
well...Btw, did you see Lawrence on Scarborough Friday night?  He was on fire with
swift boat vet chief John O'Neill!!  Check out the video...It's floating around the
web...

Dominic Bellone wrote, compiled and edited The Briefing from deep inside the beltway...

More Bubba Backgrounder

Clinton Says Stumping for Kerry Not a Risk (AP)
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041025/D85U6SO80.html

Clinton stumps in Miami tonight for Kerry
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=405&u=/ibsys/20041025/lo_wplg/2425834&printer=1

Dems Eagerly Await Clinton http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6308166/

Poll wrapup http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls.html

Bush: I'm Best Candidate to Protect U.S. (AP)
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041025/D85UJ2C81.html

Kerry rips Bush for 'incredible incompetence'...Dem cites disappearance of explosives
in Iraq http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6326367/

Rehnquist hospitalized, treated for thyroid cancer...Chief justice, 80, undergoes
tracheotomy to ease his breathing (MSNBC) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6328363/

U.N. agency says large cache of explosives missing from Iraq...Tons of 'dual-use'
explosives have disappeared (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6323933/

Cheney: 'On the big issues, I think we got it right'...Exclusive interview: Vice
president on Iraq, terrorism, fear (Today show) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6326152/

President Bush says he's campaigning for re-election "as if we are going to win,"
remaining confident despite polls showing a tight race with Democrat John Kerry (AP)
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20041025/ap_on_el_pr/bush&printer=1

Democrat Al Gore, pleading his case at the epicenter of the 2000 recount, on Monday
urged Florida voters to cast their ballots early to avoid a repeat of the disputed
election. (AP) http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041025/D85UIUDO0.html

Howard: A game of inches in Ohio...It's a game of inches in Ohio, as both sides hunt
new voters and rev up the air wars. Will we get a winner on Election Day? Howard
Fineman reports. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6315623/site/newsweek/

Prewar intelligence predicted Iraqi insurgency (USA Today)
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-10-24-insurgence-intel_x.htm

>From the Feith File: A Pentagon official accused by a leading Senate Democrat of
>deceiving Congress about intelligence on Iraq's pre-war links to the al-Qaida
>terrorist network says the dispute is based on a misunderstanding that could have
>been avoided if he had been asked to explain (AP)
>http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=542&u=/ap/20041024/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/pentagon_iraq_intelligence&printer=1

U.N. ambassadors from several nations are disputing assertions by Democratic
presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry that he met for hours with all members of the
U.N. Security Council just a week before voting in October 2002 to authorize the use
of force in Iraq. (The Washington Times)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041025-020600-3030r.htm

Whistle-blower targets Halliburton's KBR...Army agrees to Pentagon probe of contracts
in Iraq, Balkans (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6323593/

George Bush has exploited the suffering of September 11 and turned back decades of
efforts to make the world a safer place, the former president Jimmy Carter says in an
interview with the Guardian published today. (London Guardian)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,1335313,00.html

Former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani will join President Bush on the campaign
trail today, then stump on his own for the president for the rest of the week,
focusing on the war on terror in the final days of the campaign. (The Washington
Times) http://www.washtimes.com/national/20041025-011429-2585r.htm

Interviews with dozens of former and current Iraqi officials by congressional
investigators have produced new evidence that Saddam Hussein micromanaged business
deals under the United Nations' oil-for-food program to maximize political influence
with important foreign governments. (AP)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041024-124609-6664r.htm

Two small private aircraft violated restricted air space Saturday over two of
President Bush's campaign rallies in central Florida, authorities said. (AP)
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=544&u=/ap/20041024/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_aircraft&printer=1

Opinion/Editorial

Shocker: The New Yorker endorses Kerry
http://www.newyorker.com/talk/content/?041101ta_talk_editors

The Hitchens case for Bush http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20041108&s=hitchens

Pat: To punish Bush is to punish America
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41078

Doonesbury http://www.ucomics.com/doonesbury/

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received
The Hardball Briefing Newsletter because you subscribed to it or,
someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=19

http://privacy.msn.com