What can we say folks?  It's Election Day...Our community's Super Bowl and World
Series etc. wrapped up into one...I'd remind you to vote but if you're reading this
newsletter you're probably the type that doesn't need reminding...Obviously MSNBC is
live all day but Chris hits the stage at Democracy Plaza at 6 pm until 3 am ET or
until the last dog dies...At 7 pm ET/4 pm PT click here for live state by state
election results http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/

>From our friends at the NBC News Political Unit

The NBC News final Electoral College ratings:
Toss-up states (9): Florida, Iowa, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio,
Pennsylvania, Wisconsin
Total Toss-up electoral votes: 109
Lean or Solid Bush votes: 222
Lean or Solid Kerry votes: 207

How NBC News projects election winners...Understanding Election Night calls, results
and exit polls http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6385064/

I'm not gonna give you a blow by blow of our coverage because it's too extensive but
rest assured it'll be the best stuff you'll see all night...We'll be here with all the
experts, NBC News reporters, political pundits and a smattering of politicians...So go
vote then come home, put the coffee pot on, pop the popcorn, break out the TV trays,
your favorite snacks and set the dial for MSNBC...We're gonna be kickin' it so hard P.
Diddy will probably stop by to kick it with us...

And we'll do it again tomorrow night for post election slicin' and dicin'...

Dominic Bellone wrote, compiled and edited the Hardball Briefing from deep inside the
Beltway..

Voters take baton from candidates...Long lines form outside many polling places
(MSNBC) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6363692/

Long Lines Greet Early Morning Voters (The Washington Post)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A18034-2004Nov2?language=printer

Umbrellas and raincoats were needed Tuesday from Texas to the lower Great Lakes, and
snow-covered roads were a problem in the Texas Panhandle. In some places, voters were
standing in line before the polling place doors opened. (AP)
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041102/D863Q9JG0.html

Polling places experienced scattered problems Tuesday as legions of lawyers,
election-rights activists and computer scientists watched, particularly in
battleground states, for any trouble that could disenfranchise voters. (MSNBC)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6364144/

President Bush and his wife, Laura, cast their votes on Tuesday morning in the tiny
town near their Texas ranch, and Bush said he was calm and confident now that the
election was "in the hands of the people." (Reuters)
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=2NDFR5RI5YUHQCRBAE0CFFA?type=politicsNews&storyID=6689175

With the U.S. election now in voters hands, Democratic challenger John Kerry on
Tuesday said Americans had a choice: a change in direction or four more years of the
same under President Bush. (Reuters)
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=2NDFR5RI5YUHQCRBAE0CFFA?type=politicsNews&storyID=6689031

N.H. mountain hamlets cast first votes...Bush takes Dixville Notch; tie in Hart's
Location (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6387158/

Appeals court OKs challengers at Ohio polls...U.S. Supreme Court won't weigh in;
victory for GOP (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6375327/

Hardblogger http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5445086/

Election ticktock blog http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6337677/

Voters in Alaska will decide on Tuesday whether to make their state the first in the
country to legalize the sale, possession or use of marijuana by adults. (Reuters)
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=6675259

Superstitious senator hopes it's his lucky day (NY Daily News)
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/story/248620p-212936c.html

Headliners are set for Kerry fete...Thousands to party in Copley Square (The Boston
Globe)
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/president/articles/2004/11/02/headliners_are_set_for_kerry_fete/

Curry: Everyone wanted a piece of Decision 2004...From Soros to Schilling, close race
featured a cast of thousands http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6363708/

Not Much Choice in Plans for Iraq (LA Times)
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2026&ncid=2026&e=3&u=/latimests/20041101/ts_latimes/notmuchchoiceinplansforiraq

12 Iraqis killed in car bombs in Baghdad, Mosul...Suicide attackers target Education
Ministry, military convoy (MSNBC) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6316493/

U.S. military denies report of kidnapped GI...Separately, 2 Iraqi guards abducted with
American, Nepalese freed (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6336322/

Maceda: Iraqis have few illusions about U.S. election...Amid nightmare of violence, no
strong backing for Bush or Kerry http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6384700/

Bin Laden lauds costs of war to U.S...In videotape, he boasts of economic damage (The
Washington Post) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6387377/

The complete transcript of Osama bin Laden's most recent videotape reveals his
intention to attempt to bankrupt the United States. (UPI)
http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20041102-073358-8320r.htm

Complete OBL Transcript
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/79C6AF22-98FB-4A1C-B21F-2BC36E87F61F.htm

A federal judge partially granted Democratic U.S. Sen. Tom Daschle's request to limit
the activities of Republican poll watchers, after he accused his opponent and the GOP
of intimidating American Indian voters.  (AP)
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1104/184682.html

Daschle nominated the judge hearing the case! (Argus Leader)
http://www.argusleader.com/news/Tuesdayarticle1.shtml

Hinckley's Visitation Request Opposed...Deception Alleged By Prosecutors (The
Washington Post) http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A17033-2004Nov1.html

Circulation declined at most major newspapers across the country in the last half
year, the latest blow for an industry already rocked by a scandal involving
circulation misstatements that has undermined the confidence of investors and
advertisers. (AP) http://www.heraldsun.com/business/21-539457.html

Opinion/Editorial

Fund on the Trail: Following the Election Returns...An hour-by-hour guide to tonight's
results--plus my predictions. http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110005838

Doonesbury http://www.ucomics.com/doonesbury/

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received
The Hardball Briefing Newsletter because you subscribed to it or,
someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=19

http://privacy.msn.com