Hardball airs on MSNBC at 7p, 11p & 4a ET & 4p, 8p & 1a PT  Find MSNBC on your
TV http://www.msnbc.com/CableOperator.asp  MSNBC also is on your XM satellite
radio on channel 130

This is one of the shows that promises to be action packed, fast paced, fun and
informative...Al Gore went on the attack again today, jumping in the fray on
filibusters, Florida 2000, Iraq and Social Security, among other topics...He
was on fire and we've got the tape to prove it...We'll get reax from Grassley
and Bill Nelson...

Former Vice President Al Gore on Wednesday blamed Republican "lust for
one-party domination" for the GOP campaign to change Senate rules on
filibustering judicial nominees, and he assailed religious zealots for driving
the effort.  (AP)
http://beta.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050427/ap_on_go_co/filibuster_fight_24

And you've heard about this "fight force with force" law down in Florida?
We'll get into that tonight with Miami police Commish John Timoney and Florida
AG Charlie Crist...Previously you had to try and escape if you felt threatened
in public...Now you can legally fight back...Some say the law will create a
"Wild West" culture, proponents say it is necessary for self protection.
http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBPCES018E.html

Amy Goodman from Pacifica Radio and San Francisco Chronicle's Deb Saunders will
get into the Bolton nomination story and Chris really sticks it to Amy...Plus
more on "Al Gore Unleashed"

Later in the show we talk to famed director Ridley Scott about his new highly
charged movie on the Crusades "Kingdom of Heaven" and the state of the movie
biz or something like that...

Remember Zell Miller's appearance on Hardball during the RNC convention last
year?  We've posted it online in its entirety here
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7644466/

Something to enjoy while watching Hardball tonight: Dinner in 25 Minutes...Herb
and Garlic Skirt Steak
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/04/26/AR2005042600281.html

Dominic Bellone wrote, compiled and edited The Hardball Briefing from
Washington, DC

GOP offers to scrap House ethics rules...Move could lead to investigation of
Rep. DeLay (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7653310/

Records detail DeLay's ties to lobbyist...U.S. territory seeking labor law
exemption was client (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7654774/

Bush's energy push: 'Technology is the ticket' President Bush on Wednesday
unveiled controversial plans to spur new nuclear power plants, provide
incentives to buy diesel vehicles and most novel of all: use some old military
bases for oil refineries. (MSNBC) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7646880/

Terrorists staged nearly 200 significant attacks in Iraq in 2004, exceeding the
record number of strikes worldwide the year before, according to data the Bush
administration gave to Congress but has been withholding from the public.
(Knight Ridder) http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/11495462.htm

Bush taken to bunker during security scare...Plane was thought to have entered
'no-fly zone' (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7655512/

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld pressed Congress on Wednesday to fund
research into an earth-penetrating "bunker buster" nuclear bomb that U.S.
lawmakers dropped from the budget last year. (Reuters)
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=JGQBBZCNWZ2XICRBAEOCFFA?type=domesticNews&storyID=8319253

CBS 'News' ratings down..Peacock, Alphabet in close race (Variety)
http://www.variety.com/VR1117921704.html

Probe reveals Vatican priest's clandestine past...Polish priest was an informer
for the communist secret police (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7654397/

Doonesbury http://www.ucomics.com/doonesbury/