Hardball comes to you live tonight from Ground Zero in New York City at 5 & 7
p.m. Eastern on the fifth anniversary of the attacks of September 11, 2001. In
addition to two episodes of Hardball tonight, MSNBC also will have live
coverage of President Bush's address from the Oval Office at 9 p.m. Eastern
followed by an MSNBC Living History Special "9/11: Five Years Later" at 10 p.m.
Eastern hosted by Chris. The primetime special features reflections and
remembrances by American leaders like former Secretary of State Colin Powell,
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, National
Director of Intelligence John Negroponte, Queen Noor, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ),
and many others.

In his first network television interview on 9/11, Negroponte talks exclusively
with Chris, saying that "we've certainly set up mechanisms -- no-fly lists,
databases, checking on names of people prior to their boarding flights and so
forth -- that put us in a better position to prevent these kinds of things than
prior to 9/11."

Asked about her experience on that day, Under Secretary of State Karen Hughes
tells Chris, "I turned on the television, and I saw on TV, as many people did,
the second plane hit the second tower. And I remember my first reaction was to
drop to my knees and say a prayer for the people in the building."

Tune in for the 10 p.m. special, as Chris asks these leaders about where they
were and how they think the tragedy changed our country. Watch video clips from
Chris' conversations here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/.

On the 5 & 7 p.m. editions of Hardball tonight, you'll see more of these
reflections, including McCain, Clinton, and former Sen. John Edwards (D-NC).
Plus, Gov. George Pataki (R-NY), NBC's Tom Brokaw, Former CIA Counterterrorism
Director Cofer Black, Def Jam Records Founder Russell Simmons, Newsweek's
Howard Fineman, and NBC's Rehema Ellis will all join Chris live at Ground Zero.
And Hardball's David Shuster will have the final report in his five-part series
on the five unanswered questions of 9/11. Tonight, David examines whether
foreign governments had knowledge of the plans for the 9/11 attacks before they
happened. Check out the rest of David's five-part series here:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/.

Don't miss Hardball on Tuesday for all of developments in another big Decision
2006 primary day. The spotlight of the day will fall on Rhode Island, where
Sen. Lincoln Chafee (R-RI) faces a primary challenge from Cranston Mayor Steve
Laffey. Will Chafee survive? In addition to Rhode Island, voters in Arizona,
Delaware, D.C., Maryland, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, and
Wisconsin head to the polls tomorrow. Tune in to Hardball and keep checking
http://politics.msnbc.com for all the latest news. NBC's (now constantly
updated) "First Read" looks at the Chafee-Laffey battle with some insight
directly from Chafee, courtesy of MSNBC.com's Tom Curry:
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2006/09/11/3397.aspx.

Here are some things you might not have read yet today:
--AP recaps today's events http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14780747/
--MSNBC.com's full coverage of "9/11: Five Years Later"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14571441/
--AP previews tomorrow's primary in New York http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14785208/
--POLITICS.MSNBC.COM http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032553/
--Doonesbury http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/index.html

Brooke Brower compiled the "Hardball Briefing" in Washington, D.C.