Tonight on Hardball, scandals in the city.  Earlier today Congressman John
Shimkus (R-IL), co-chair of the congressional page program board, testified to
the House Ethics committee.  Hardball Correspondent David Shuster will have a
full report with the latest on the Foley investigation.  Plus, the Jack
Abramoff lobbying scandal is back in the news.   Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH) today
pleaded guilty to bribery charges related to the case, the first member of
Congress to do so.  Howard Fineman, MSNBC Political Analyst and Newsweek's
Chief Political Correspondent, and CNBC Chief Washington Correspondent and Wall
Street Journal Political Editor John Harwood will be here to talk about the
role both scandals may play in the voting booths.  We'll also have a special
report from Harwood on Rep. Tom Reynolds' (R-NY) race to keep his seat in the
House.  Read the latest on Hastert and Reynolds from the Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/11/AR2006101101672.html.

In 2004, evangelical voters helped put President Bush in the White House.  Now,
a new book by a former Bush administration official claims that while top Bush
advisors were relying on their support in public, they were ridiculing
evangelicals behind closed doors.  We'll turn to Tony Perkins, president of the
Family Research Council, for his reaction.  We'll also get Perkins' insight on
how Christian conservatives feel about the GOP House leadership as the Foley
page scandal continues to unfold.
LA Times on "Tempting Faith:" Bush Aides Called Evangelicals 'Nuts'
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-faith13oct13,1,5662851.story.

With Election Day just three weeks away, we'll turn to the Washington Post's
Chris Cillizza and Roll Call's Mary Ann Akers for everything you need to know
about Decision 2006.
Read Cillizza's latest from the Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/12/AR2006101201675.html
and check out "The Fix," Cillizza's political blog
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/.
Mary Ann Akers reports in Roll Call: Speaker Duped by Evangelist?
http://www.rollcall.com/issues/hoh/.

And it's our favorite Friday feature - the Hardballers are here in the house.
Bush.  Iraq.  North Korea. We'll wrap up the week with Ed Rogers, former aide
to President George H.W. Bush, and Democratic strategist and former Dean
campaign manager, Joe Trippi.  Chris and the Hardballers will hash out the
hottest political news of the week and tell us what to look for as we get
closer to November 7.

Next week, the Hardball College Tour continues!  We started things off with a
bang when Chris spent a hilarious hour with Robin Williams and Barry Levinson
at Georgetown University in Washington, DC.  Coming up - we venture outside the
Beltway and head to the Heartland.  Don't miss Chris with 2008 Republican
frontrunner Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
Click here for more details on Hardball from Iowa State:
http://www.iastate.edu/~nscentral/news/2006/oct/hardball.shtml.

Here are some things you might not have read yet today:
--AP: Rep. Ney Pleads Guilty in Lobbying Scandal
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15249272/
--NY Times with the latest on North Korea
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/13/world/13cnd-nations.html?hp&ex=1160798400&en=70b34b8a5070749c&ei=5094&partner=homepage
--Time Magazine's Mike Allen on Cheney
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1545625,00.html
--Bill Clinton as "Cheerleader-in-chief" from the AP:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15251695/
--NBC's "First Read" http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/
--MSNBC.com's political calendar http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14708421/
--POLITICS.MSNBC.COM http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032553/

Happy Friday!

Shelby Poduch and Colleen King compiled the "Hardball Briefing" in Washington,
D.C.