The House resolution on Iraq has passed with a final vote tally of 246 yeas,
including 17 Republicans.  Tomorrow, the Senate votes.  Tonight on Hardball,
we'll look at the real cost of war with Iraq veteran and former Congressional
candidate Tammy Duckworth (D) and her husband Bryan Bowlsbey, who is being
deployed to Iraq in April.

Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) is proposing a bill with stringent combat deployment
guidelines (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17178274/).  Reps. Peter King (R-NY)
and Joe Sestak (D-PA) will join Chris to talk about that, and we'll have a full
report from Hardball Correspondent David Shuster.  Then, more on the votes with
Democratic consultant Jenny Backus and OpinionJournal.com's John Fund.

Sen. John McCain won't be present to vote with his colleagues on Iraq tomorrow,
instead the '08 contender will be campaigning in Iowa
(http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17186919).  We'll talk about the effect of the war
on the race for the White House with Roger Simon from Politico.com and The
Weekly Standard's Matt Continetti.  Read Continetti's latest, "Warrior Chic"
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/013/291vhzol.asp
and Simon's "Welcome to the Meat Grinder" http://www.politico.com/rogersimon/.

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website online www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by the National Journal and NBC
News.  Don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read"
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/ and MSNBC.com's political calendar
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14708421/.

And you may be out of the office for President's Day on Monday, but don't
forget to tune in to Hardball!  We've got a hot show in the works with David
Axelrod, Senior Strategist for the Obama for President Campaign, '08 candidate
and former Gov. Jim Gilmore (R) and Iraq veteran and former Ohio Congressional
candidate Paul Hackett (D).

Shelby Poduch compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.