On the show tonight: Hardball on the Hill, the role of spouses in the race for
'08, and a father's mission to aid U.S. troops after losing his own son in Iraq.

First up, the latest from Capitol Hill, where the House voted today in favor of
withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq by September 1, 2008 - a vote President Bush
answered with a loud veto threat.  Hardball's David Shuster will bring us up to
speed on that, and we'll hear from Reps. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) and Mike Pence
(R-IN) on what happened today and what's coming up on Monday.

Meanwhile, the battle continues over Congress's attempt to subpoena Karl Rove
and other top White House officials.  Will the president use Executive
Privilege to stop them?  Can he?  We'll debate with the Harballers: Mike
Barnicle, MSNBC Political Analyst and Ron Christie, GOP consultant and former
aide to both President Bush and Vice President Cheney.

Then, our hearts went out to John and Elizabeth Edwards yesterday, audiences
around the country love to listen to former President Bill Clinton speak, and
tongues were wagging over the revelation of Judith Nathan's multiple
marriages...how substantial a role will spouses play as 2008 gets closer?
We'll talk with Craig Crawford, MSNBC Political Contributor and
washingtonpost.com's Chris Cillizza.

Plus, don't miss a special report from MSNBC Analyst Mike Barnicle on a father
who lost a son in Iraq working to keep other fathers from experiencing the same
loss.

Hardball hopes you'll be relaxing this weekend, but the '08 candidates
certainly won't be.  Tune in to MSNBC for continuous coverage of the race for
the White House!

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
Don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/
and MSNBC.com's political calendar http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14708421/.

Shelby Poduch compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.