Tonight, Presidential contender Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) plays Hardball!  We'll
talk to Obama about the Don Imus episode, what it says about race relations in
the U.S., and why he doesn't plan on being an "Imus" guest in the future.
Plus, Iraq and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) - we'll ask Obama about his shot at the
Republican candidate after McCain's comments on the safety of a Baghdad market
and his thoughts on today's announcement from Defense Secretary Robert Gates
that U.S. army soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan will serve 15-month
deployments, three more months than originally expected.

Then, the public debate over radio talk show host Don Imus: later this week,
Imus will meet with the Rutger's women's basketball team to apologize in person
for his words.  But advertisers, including General Motors, continue to pull
their ad dollars from the show.  We'll talk to 1984 Olympic Gold Medalist
Benita Fitzgerald Mosley, Board Member of the Women's Sports Foundation and
President of Women in Cable Telecommunications, and Michael Eric Dyson, author
of "Debating Race."

Plus, we'll have the latest on the political stand-off between Congress and the
White House with our Hardballers, MSNBC Political Analyst Bob Shrum and the
National Review's Kate O'Beirne.  We'll also hear from Gen. Anthony Zinni
(Ret.), former Commander-in-Chief U.S. Central Command, for more on Iraq.

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
Don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/
and MSNBC.com's political calendar http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14708421/.

Shelby Poduch compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.