Tonight, Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Joe Biden (DE) plays Hardball!
After more than three decades in Washington, Biden's written a new book,
"Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics."  Will all that experience help him in
guest host Mike Barnicle's Hardball hot seat?  Tune in and find out!

Plus, the big headline today, did the Pentagon try to cover-up what killed Army
Ranger Pat Tillman?  For the first time since he was replaced by Robert Gates,
former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld tells a House committee what he knew
about the Tillman investigation.  We'll get a full report from Hardball
correspondent David Shuster and retired Army Col. Jack Jacobs will be here to
share his insight.

Then, Tillman lost his life fighting for freedom in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Has
U.S. progress been worth the cost?  Is the surge working?  We'll see a hot
debate between Jon Soltz, co-founder and chairman of VoteVets.org and Eric
Egland from Vets for Freedom.

And the newest NBC-Wall Street Journal poll is out and the latest numbers show
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) surging.  We'll talk about what it all means and
dig into all the news from the campaign trail with tonight's Hardball Panel:
Newsweek's Holly Bailey, Republican consultant John Feehery, and Chris Cillizza
from the washingtonpost.com.

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
Don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/
and MSNBC.com's political calendar http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14708421/.

Shelby Poduch compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.