Money talks, especially to 2008 primary voters.

Be sure to tune in tonight as MSNBC's Chris Matthews and CNBC's Maria Bartiromo
co-moderate the first Republican Presidential debate to focus on economic
issues. The event takes place in Dearborn, Michigan and will broadcast live on
CNBC at 4pm ET and rebroadcast on MSNBC at 9pm ET.

The Hardball team will bring you political analysis every step of the way with
a special 5pm ET edition of Hardball hosted by MSNBC's Mike Barnicle. Then,
Chris Matthews will return from his debate duties to host a live 7pm ET show
from Michigan.

First up on the 5pm show, Mike Barnicle will bring you the latest news out of
the debate with NBC's Norah O'Donnell who's on the ground in Michigan. Later
Mike will talk to Fmr. GE Chairman Jack Welch. Welch ran one of the largest
companies in the world -- tonight he'll rate the '08 Presidential candidates'
economic plans and tell you what steps politicians on Capitol Hill should be
taking to finance the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

At 7pm Chris Matthews returns to bring you post-debate reaction from '08
Republican candidates Fmr. Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX).
We'll also have the hottest exchanges from the debate and analysis from our
team of reporters in Michigan -- Newsweek's Howard Fineman, MSNBC's Norah
O'Donnell and NBC Political Director Chuck Todd.

At the end of each show, we'll have a roundtable of journalists go through the
headlines and tell you what's coming up on Capitol Hill and the 2008 primary
season. It's all happening tonight as part of our coverage of the race to the
White House, only on MSNBC -- the place for politics!

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
Don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read"
<<<http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/>>> and MSNBC.com's political calendar
<<<http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14708421/>>>.

Vidhya Murugesan compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.