Has the U.S. reached a breaking point with Iran?

This morning President Bush warned of "World War III" if the international
community allows Iran to pursue nuclear weapons. This comes just one day after
Russian Pres. Vladimir Putin met with Iranian Pres. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and
warned of interference in the region by outside powers -- a thinly veiled
reference to the U.S. Hardball's David Shuster will have a report with the
latest news and then we'll talk to NBC White House Correspondent David Gregory
and Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) about what lies ahead.

Then, Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID) sought to explain his guilty plea in an airport
sex sting in an exclusive interview with NBC's Matt Lauer that aired last
night. Should the American public and Sen. Craig's colleagues in the Senate buy
his explanation? Mike Rogers of BlogActive.com will discuss.

And, should Sen. Craig resign from office as he said he intended to do last
month? That's our Hardball Debate tonight with MSNBC's Pat Buchanan and Air
America's Rachel Maddow.

Plus, who are the latest '08 contenders to take a shot at Democratic
frontrunner Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)? And how is she responding to all of
this "attention?"

We'll look at these stories and more in our roundtable discussion with
Newsweek's Richard Wolffe, Salon's Joan Walsh and NBC's Noah Oppenheim, author
of "The Intellectual Devotional."

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
And, don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" and MSNBC.com's political
calendar.

Vidhya Murugesan compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.