First up: war on the homefront.

President Bush made it clear today that there will be American combat troops in
Iraq when he leaves office, effectively passing the decision of how and when to
end the war to his successor. As Sen. McCain pushes for a long-term military
presence in Iraq, Sens. Clinton and Obama continue to argue over who is best
equipped to engineer a withdrawal. Will these emerging fault lines decide the
'08 election?

We'll bring in NBC News Washington Bureau Chief and "Meet the Press" moderator
Tim Russert to break down the politics of the war, the upcoming primaries and
the November match-ups.

And with Pennsylvania's primary just 12 days away, which candidate has an edge
in the polls? Is the candidate who connects on Pennsylvania's bread-and-butter
issues in a better position to win the general election? Tonight we'll hear
from Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey (D) who joined Sen. Obama in his campaign
swing across the state.

Plus, is Huckabee going Hollywood? Will Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and Sen. McCain
be "Forever Together?"

Tune in as we look at these stories and Sen. McCain's appearance on "The View"
during tonight's Politics Fix.

And, don't miss the next installment of Hardball's College Tour with Sen. John
McCain at Villanova University on April 15th. It's only on Hardball, only on
MSNBC.

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
And, don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" and MSNBC.com's political
calendar.

Vidhya Murugesan wrote the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.