First up, Chuck Todd is substituting for Chris from the White House with
breaking news!

Today, 239 days after Election Day 2008, the Minnesota Supreme Court declared
Al Franken the winner of the Minnesota Senate Seat. If Governor Tim Pawlenty
(R-MN) certifies Franken, the Democrats will in theory have a coveted,
filibuster-proof 60-seat majority. What are the implications to healthcare and
energy reform? We'll talk to NBC Justice Correspondent Pete Williams, USA Today
Washington Bureau Chief Susan Page and the Politico's Chief White House
Correspondent, Mike Allen for latest developments.

For more information on the Minnesota Senate Seat decision, go to:
http://www.courts.state.mn.us/opinions/sc/current/OPA090697-6030.pdf

Next up, the quiet pullout. Yesterday, the United States began withdrawing
troops from cities in Iraq. The withdrawal is the most significant development
in the Iraq War since the "Surge." Former Vice President Dick Cheney meanwhile
says he fears a withdrawal would "waste" U.S. sacrifices. We'll ask General
Barry McCaffrey and NBC's Richard Engel for analysis of the latest events in
Iraq.

For more on the withdrawal, go to:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/30/AR2009063000838_pf.html

For more on Dick Cheney's criticism, go to:
http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/29/cheney-fears-iraq-withdrawal-will-waste-us-sacrifi/

Plus, Palin in the spotlight. Since the 2008 Presidential Election, Governor
Sarah Palin has pursued a course into the public eye and she remains a popular
figure in the Republican party. But a new article out in Vanity Fair details
the rise of Sarah Palin and includes some harsh criticism from former McCain
Campaign advisors. We'll talk to the article's writer, Todd Purdum, about the
continuing trials and tribulations of Sarah Palin.

For more on the article, go to:
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2009/08/sarah-palin200908?printable=true&currentPage=all

And in the Politics Fix, we'll discuss new developments in the Sanford Scandal
and the significance of the Al Franken ruling with AP White House Correspondent
Liz Sidoti and New Yorker Washington Correspondent Ryan Lizza.

For more on the Minnesota Senate conclusion, go to:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/24383.html