First up, a Healthcare Progress Report!

Today, the Senate health committee approved legislation that would vastly
expand health insurance coverage, though only through a party-line vote in the
committee. Can President Obama get healthcare through with only Democratic
support? How is President Obama doing on healthcare reform overall? Does the
lack of bipartisan support signal problems to come? We'll ask NBC Chief White
House Correspondent Chuck Todd and Susan Page for analysis of President Obama's
progress on healthcare reform.

For more on the current news on healthcare reform, go to:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31921017/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

Next up, the CIA-Cheney-House Democrats intrigue continues.

Yesterday, the House Intelligence Committee asked the CIA to provide documents
about the program targeting al-Qaeda leaders that allegedly took orders from
Former Vice President Cheney when he was in office.  Did Dick Cheney break the
law? We'll play Hardball with Intelligence Committee Member Senator Sheldon
Whitehouse (D-RI) and Vice Chair of the Select Intelligence Committee Senator
Kit Bond (R-MO) to see where these investigations might go.

For more on the House's possible investigation, go to:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31905635/ns/politics-more_politics/

Plus, it was 30 years ago today that then President Jimmy Carter gave his
"Malaise speech" where he spoke of a crisis of energy, of confidence, and of
the very soul of the nation. How far have we come, if at all? How relevant is
the speech today? We'll ask New Yorker writer and former Carter speechwriter
Hendrik Hertzberg and former Assistant to President Carter for Communications
Gerald Rafshoon to reflect.

For more on the "Malaise speech," go to:
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/PDFFiles/Jimmy%20Carter%20-%20Crisis%20of%20Confidence.pdf

Finally in the Politics Fix, Washington Post columnist and MSNBC Political
Analyst Eugene Robinson and MSNBC Political Analyst Pat Buchanan will join us
to discuss who is and who is not scoring political points in today's Sotomayor
hearing, plus developments in the Ensign scandal, and the rest of the day's
political news.

For more on today's hearing for Sotomayor, go to:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31917681/ns/politics-white_house/

For more on the developments on John Ensign, go to:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31913441/ns/politics-capitol_hill/