First up - will Democrats play Hardball?

To avoid disaster in November, Democrats are going to have to get tough,
they're going to have to punch back, they're going to have to nail their
opponents with the same hard shots the Republicans and Tea Partiers have been
using against them. That means going negative. It means brutally pointed,
devastating negative ads. As one strategist put it: anyone who spends money on
a positive ad may as well give the money to charity. The Democrats are finally
getting tough and that's our top story tonight.

Plus, what scares you? What's to fear if the Republicans grab control of
Congress?  We'll take a look tonight at what Republicans themselves are saying
about where they want to take the country.

Also, we got a glimmer of good economic news this morning. The jobless rate
ticked up a tenth of a point to 9.6 percent and 54,000 jobs were lost overall
because temporary Census Bureau jobs came to an end. But the private sector
added 67,000 jobs, higher than expected, and that offers some hope that things
are getting better. We'll take an in-depth look at the numbers.

Still, some Democrats have become worried about ending those Bush tax cuts for
the wealthiest Americans. We'll look into that retreat.

And as if there already weren't enough reasons to be angry with BP, now the oil
giant is saying if Congress prevents it from drilling in the Gulf, BP may not
be able to pay for the damage it caused. Is anyone surprised?

Finally, Chris will give you his thoughts tonight on the two people President
Obama needs to turn his presidency around.