If you are running plain Fedora on both boxes, X tunneling is turned on by default. You can remove it from the server by changing the value of X11Forwarding in /etc/ssh/sshd_config from 'yes' to 'no'. By default, it is 'yes'. If it is set to 'no', you cannot forward X through any command on the client. Now, if you are using SSH from Windows, you must have some sort of X engine running for the X display. I don't use Windows, so I don't know if there are any free ones. I think there is one that runs on top of CygWin.
-Shaun

Crawford Rainwater wrote:

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 10:11,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Message: 6
From: "Nancy Anthracite" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [Hardhats-members] hostname error (Linux guru needed)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:04:31 -0400

Do you know how you can get the GUI version to run on SSH?  My son set up
our machines so that happens, but I have no idea how. It may be a Fedora
Core 2 feature or a feature of the new kernel? I can use the command for any
program that is GUI on the machine I am SSHing in with to one of our other
machines, and the GUI will come right up.  It is like mini VNC, and MAGIC.

Per memory, I believe is would be "ssh -X" to establish an X forwarded session from a remote machine to your local machine.

However, as I mentioned before, the TUI version of that
"redhat-config-network" is virtually the same as the GUI version, just
no mouse, point-n-click action (tabs and enter instead).

--- Crawford

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by BEA Weblogic Workshop FREE Java Enterprise J2EE developer tools! Get your free copy of BEA WebLogic Workshop 8.1 today. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=5047&alloc_id=10808&op=click _______________________________________________ Hardhats-members mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hardhats-members