I am not sure I can make out what your FDA array is looking like. Can you show the setup and call?

Kevin Toppenberg wrote:

Hey all.  I am having trouble setting up FDA properly.

Here is the data I want to put into the database:

FDA(*)
}>200= ''
| }>?+1,= ''
| | }>.01= DOE,KOHN
| | }>1= JD
| | }>7= NO
| | }>7.2= YES
| | }>11.2= TODAY
| | }>20= UCI
| | }>29= FAMILY PRACTICE
}>200.02= ''
| }>?+1,= ''
| | }>.01= TMGDivison

The problem is that I think I am doing the subfile
wrong.  File 200.02 is really field#16.  So I need to
tell it to put the data into subfile 200.02 INSIDE the
record for the data above.

I have read the FDA documentation several times, and
it always makes my head hurt.  I'm sure its easy once
one gets the hang of it.  At the WorldVistA
conference, Rick told me he had designed this
interface and that he was sorry. LOL.

My brain is tired.  Can someone just tell me the
correct format?

Also, this FDA is to be used with UPDATE^DIE.
When I try the above FDA, I get this error message:

| Fileman says 'A multi-valued field        | :
| cannot be processed by this utility.      | :

I don't know if this is related to the issue I am
describing above.  What is Fileman telling me?

Thanks