The emphasis in the VA is on POJO's Plain Old Java Objects.
It looks like Hibernate will be used for SQL access.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nancy E.
Anthracite
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 4:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] GT.M inside (was Krung Thai Bank goes live
on GT.M)

I just got off the phone with my son who informed me that Sun's Java has a
restricted license  - look but don't touch - but there are truly open source

versions of Java.  So is the VA making any distinction in what they are
using?  Does it matter to us if we start writing GUI plugins for Pedi that
are written in Java in hopes they will eventually be integrated with what
the
VA is working on?

Anybody know anything about Java Script licensing?  Does it matter?