If you disconnect CPRS, does Broker still not shut down, and what do you get
when you run D ^ZTMON?  Also, have you see Bhaskar's white paper at
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=19563&group_id=11026 as I
wonder if it has some information that will help you get at what is going on.

I don't have any trouble with any run away processes when I use  the demo
configured as I described.  However, it is definitely NOT a production
quality release of VistA and is full of lots of extra routines, etc., so I
don't know it is worth spending a lot of time trying to fix it.