Another good point.

I guess the modification that would be better to make
would be a brief instruction line then...

I read the TIU manual about HFS uploads, and there was
no example of using the HSS system.

If I could put out one plea to programmers.... try to
make your code user friendly!!!

Kevin

--- Marianne Susaanti Follingstad
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You could have several HFS type devices in your
> device file, including one
> setup with the info you standardly use in a given
> situation (possibly
> including the file name), so that you might want to
> specify which HFS type
> Device to use.
>
> Marianne Follingstad
>
> Kevin Toppenberg wrote:
>
> > Touche' (good point) Lloyd....
> >
> > I guess this was an example of a system not being
> user
> > friendly enough.  I tried to figure out how to use
> it
> > that other way, got frustrated and rewrote it.
> >
> > It seems that we got to that point in the code
> because
> > the TIU parameters specified HFS upload.  So why
> it
> > asking if you want HFS again?  That should be
> > automatic.
> >
> > My code (in the GetFName function) does allow for
> > default upload directory to be specified, and for
> > quick directory listing if one can't remember the
> file
> > name.
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > --- Lloyd Milligan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Kevin, The original code asked for a device,
> i.e. a
> > > lookup value in the
> > > DEVICE file, such as "HFS".  The prompt for file
> > > comes later, provided the
> > > ASK HOST FILE field is valued YES.  Doesn't
> $$FTG
> > > followed by a loop to
> > > $$STRIP the data in effect traverse the data
> twice,
> > > as opposed to once in
> > > the original code?
> > >
> > > Lloyd

^TIU(8925.2,DA,"TEXT",0)="^^"_+MaxLine_"^"_+MaxLine_"^"_DT_"^^^^"

=== message truncated ===