OK.  Now I am beginning to see light at the end of the
tunnel.  If FTG^%ZISH has this, then it is a
reasonable function.

I just looked up the documentation and you are right
about this.  It puts the extra text into a "OVF" node

So this problem occurs when creating the TIU UPLOAD
BUFFER file.  This is then later cleaved into TIU
DOCUMENTS, which are the individual notes.  The vista
module for this is TIUUPLD.

I just did this:
cat TIU* | grep "OVF"
And I get no results.  So all the TIU code is ignoring
this possibility.

I think this is because they published that all upload
text is supposed to be composed of lines < 80
characters.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I'll see if I can
create a fix for my situation and post what I find.

Kevin