It was just a think-o on my part. I forgot to include multiplication by
MYNM when I typed it in. I can't believe I did that.

But more to the point, I looked it up, and I see that MUMPS does
allocate new data cells for parameters when making routine calls.  i
wasn't sure it would given the possibility of name collisions between
parameters and other variables. I suppose they're not really the same
issue, but I see that MUMPS actually does do some aliasing after all,
and checking the standard, I see this is noted explicitly.

=====