GT.M is MUMPS. The biggest difference from other MUMPS in my view is that it
attempts to
fit in more natively with its host operating system and doesn't try to pretend
that it is
a complete programming environment of itself, as MUMPS generally was 20-30
years ago.

After configuration, you could use GT.M almost exclusively in a familiar
MUMPS-is-everything kind of mode, but why would you? That would ignore most of
the power
and capabilities of a modern operating system like Linux - and all of the
wonderful tools
developed for and in other languages.