From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Kevin Toppenberg
Sent:   Sun 4/3/2005 12:27 PM
To:     hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:        RE: [Hardhats-members] Need advice re Linux/GT.M login script
In the computer system in my hospital this is the
process for signing in to sign off electronic medical
records
1. Sign in to windows
2. sign into EMR client
3. sign into "sign-documents" client
4. sign off the chosen documents.

With this, I have to have 3 different logins &
passwords -- all of which expire every month or so,
and which must be changed.  The expiration schedules
are not in sync.

I see this as a very poorly designed system, and when
I set up my system I DON'T want to follow this
approach.  I'm frankly unhappy about having to have
two login/password steps as it is.

I supposed I could give every user a separate user a
separate linux user name, and have every user to have
a custom .bashrc that would get them into vistA
through a backdoor and avoid the login screen.  But we
have 50 some employees, and I think such a system
would be chaotic.

And Bhaskar, the reason people would be leaving VistA
is because VistA automatically logs a user out after a
certain length of time.  One can slow this process
down, but not stop it (as I understand.)

Kevin