From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 11:22 AM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] WebServices future development???

> Friendly reminder for users running on Cache:
>
> The tool to "map" FileMan files as SQL and/or Objects has been available
for
> awhile, and will now be part of a KIDS build for VistA.

Do you know the patch number or what package it will be a patch for?

> Cache 5.0 provides XML functionality.  When you map FileMan files you can
> just add the XML adapter (requires approximately 11 keystrokes to add the
> adapter to the inheritance list) and you're on your way.  It is possible
> do this with Cache 4.1.16, but it requires a Cache 5.0 "helper" box.

Renee,
do you mind sending an e-mail explaining what a Cache 5.0 "helper" box might
be? Especially in the context of an existing Cache 4 installed system.

http://www.intersystems.com/cache/downloads/documentation/cache5docs/PDFS/GX
> ML.pdf
>
> Third-party vendors have created additional tools which enable interaction
> with Cache as a true XML database... benchmarks have been very positive.

This is great news.  When we only compare benchmarks inside our community
it is easy to forget that MUMPS and Cache solutions are very fast,
especially compared to some of the newer systems.