Don't think that will work. The functions operate on FileMan fields. There
isn't much need if you are sending code, just store it as a routine and call
it. I am don't use (or know) param so I could be wrong here. The "print"
command to which I referred is a single print statement inside a print call.
For instance:
OUTPUT FROM WHAT FILE: MAW DOT//
SORT BY: DOTID// @DOTID
START WITH DOTID: FIRST//
  WITHIN DOTID, SORT BY:
FIRST PRINT FIELD: DOT DATE
THEN PRINT FIELD: NUMDATE(DOT DATE)
THEN PRINT FIELD: SETDATA(WORKFLD,NUMDATE(DOT DATE))
THEN PRINT FIELD: WORKFLD
THEN PRINT FIELD:
APR 23,2001  04/23/01
  04/23/01
APR 25,2001  04/25/01
  04/25/01

Someone with experience param may clarify how it could work. My work with
functions has been limited to fields. You can use functions to execute code,
that's actually what happens when a function is called. Functions are also
great for sending control codes to printers. ...tx/t