Kevin --

The error is a compilation error, not a run time error. Had there been no T, but clean M code to compile, there would have been a different error - %GTM-E-UNDEF, Undefined local variable: T - rather than the INDEXTRACHARS you saw.

You can print the string to look for extra trailing characters. However, in this case, I believe Dave Whitten in a post subsequent to mine identified the cause of the problem.

-- Bhaskar

Kevin Toppenberg wrote:
Bhaskar,

Thanks for the help.
When I did a zshow "*", it showed the variable table. Surprisingly, there was no 'T' defined. Would this
cause such an error?

What would "extra trailing characters" look like in a
string?