Yes, but if your or the the vendor are paying an M$tax for software that you don't use (which can happen if your vendor buys from another vendor with XP pre-installed and then installs Linux over it), that is more dollars that can be used to generate & spread FUD & innuendo.

-- Bhaskar

Ruben Safir wrote:
I buy everything preinstalled, including recently from Dell and HPP,
although my favorite laptop is the Sony Picture Book I brought from
Emperor Linux.

Those guys are miracle workers.