These are the user configuration files referencing kate- running KDE 3.3.2

~/.kde/share/config$ ls -la kate*
-rw-------  1 ibk ibk  3197 2005-04-30 01:52 katerc
-rw-------  1 ibk ibk   282 2004-12-03 11:33 kateschemarc
-rw-------  1 ibk ibk 25093 2005-05-16 17:19 katesyntaxhighlightingrc

Kevin Toppenberg wrote:
This may not be the proper forum, but I hope someone
can help here.

I have been primarily using the editor "kate", and
have come to like it.  But recently it has started
crashing every time I run it.  It flashes a message
"the specified directory doesn't exits" and then the
crash-guard dialog pops up.

I can switch to superuser mode, and the program runs
fine. This tells me that the core binaries are ok.

I suspect that there is a configuration file somewhere
that specifies that it should open up a specified
file, and that I have deleted that directory--causing
the problem.  And when I run in superuser mode, it
loads a different set of configuration files without
any problems.

I have tried doing a search for .kate* but can't seem
to find anyfile that looks hopeful.

How would I go about fixing this problem?

Thanks

Ismet B. Kursunoglu, MD, FCCP
Medical Director
Alaska Clinic, LLC