I was composing a reply,  but seem to have irretrievably clobbered it
(which is just as well, because I'm not sure how interested others on
this list are in modal logic).

In brief, I'm not sure I understand how ontologies are typically
defined in an IT context (I find the mathematical definition much
clearer), but the basic idea is that your ontology is what you can say
about your data without referring to any specific data instances. In
your ontology, a patient might have a blood pressure, you might even
say blood pressure is measured in mmHg, but not that 10 minutes ago
John Doe's blood pressure was 130/95.

--- "Richard G. DAVIS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please elaborate Greg on what you are thinking about with the term
> "specified ontologies".
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard.

"The most profound technologies are those that disappear."
--Mark Weiser

====
Greg Woodhouse