When I look at file 8925, field 2 is a WP field, but I
don't see the W or WL symbols.  Only a node
specification of TEXT.  And in instances of processing
the TEXT node, when I tried to print WP, it was 0 (as
expected per the code).

So I don't see that the W symbol is being used.

Kevin

GTM>zwr ^DD(8925,2,*)
^DD(8925,2,0)="REPORT TEXT^8925.02^^TEXT;0"
^DD(8925,2,21,0)="^^1^1^2961217^^"
^DD(8925,2,21,1,0)="This is a word processing field
that contains the report tex
t."

GTM>zwr ^DD(8925,.01,0)
^DD(8925,.01,0)="DOCUMENT
TYPE^RP8925.1'O^TIU(8925.1,^0;1^Q"

--- Greg Woodhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> That's right. The point of this code is to quickly
> traverse a file
> entry without actually making FM calls. I don't do
> anything special
> with WP fields here, so that value isn't used.
> However, if you actually
> wanted to do something with the data, you'd want to
> know if a subfile
> was a multiple, or if it contained a WP field with
> or without line
> wrap.
>
> Of course, the right way to fetch WP contents (if
> you want to follow
> standards)is with GETS^DIQ or $$GET1^DIQ.
>
> --- Kevin Toppenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Greg,
> >
> > Your code has been very helpful.
> >
> > I don't fully understand these lines
> > >         .S X=$P(^DD(FNUM,.01,0),"^",2)
> > >         .S WP=$S(X="W":1,X="WL":2,1:0)
> > When the second piece="W", or "WL", what is the
> > significance of these codes?  You don't seem to
> use WP
> > in your code.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Kevin
> >

> > --- Greg Woodhouse
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hee's a slightly modified version of some code I
> > > wrote to recursively
> > > traverse a file entry. You could probably adapt
> it
> > > to produce an XML
> > > serialization of the file. (Note that I
> originally
> > > wrote this using
> > > GETS^DIQ, but according to my benchmarks, that
> > > version was much too
> > > slow).
> > >
> > > TRAVERSE(FNUM,IEN,SREF)   ;

VAL,FLD,TYPE,STORE,NODE,POS,IVAL,OROOT,GREF,RANGE,FIRST,LAST

=== message truncated ===