OK.  Thanks.  I had always thought that B-Tree ment "Binary tree".
But  quick search turned on wikipedia turned up this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-tree

The B-tree's creator, Rudolf Bayer, has not explained what the B
stands for. The most common belief is that B stands for balanced, as
all the leaf nodes are at the same level in the tree. B may also stand
for Bayer, or for Boeing, because he was working for Boeing Scientific
Research Labs.

Kevin