Todd,

The issue is that I want my system to remain compatible with other systems.  I.e. HUI is supposed to be releasing a imaging program, and Roy plans on releasing a lite open-source imaging program.

I think that if we all follow a standard ( or all agree to a new standard) we will all benefit.

Kevin

P.S. how do we know that .ABS is a TGA format?  I looked on the internet, and it doesn't look like .ABS is a standard extension for a graphic file.

Thanks
Kevin

On 10/5/05, Todd Berman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 04:54 -0400, Kevin Toppenberg wrote:
> Hmmm. Why did someone choose THAT format?
>
> I don't think I have code that outputs in TGA format.  So I think I
> will not upload .ABS thumbnails.

If the only client that you are going to use for this is your custom
CPRS or whatever, I don't believe it matters what format you upload it
in.

We are currently uploading as thumbnails of the same type as the main
image (so certain format specific elements are kept, like transparency,
etc).

I don't know how well VistAImaging would handle this, but since we don't
expect people to be using it, it is not something we are (currently)
concerned with.

--Todd