I apologize if there was some earlier context to thread that I am misssing and
which might help me make a more meaningful reply.  I am traveling and am a few
hundred e-mail messages behind, but happened to see this at the top of the
stack and couldn't resist replying!

We have conducted a couple of surveys to gather inputs from the community to
the GT.M team.  I am not comfortable sharing the results for competitive
reasons (I know it's nothing personal, but there are at least a couple of folks
out there who would like to see me calling at the local unemployment office).
But I will say that I try to stay connected with the community, and we take
community input seriously.  For example, there is now a $Increment() in GT.M as
a result of 2004 survey input.  The recent functionality to be able to deploy a
GT.M provided service under inetd/xinetd came from community input, although
not from the 2004 survey.

The GT.M Group operates as a classic open source business in that we provide
services for hire (even within Fidelity, we have specific development projects
funded by other internal organizations, in much the same way that we can have
funding from the external organizations for development).  Money talks, and
when you have bills to pay, it talks pretty loudly.  If there are specific
enhancements that are worth it to people to have, please do contact me offline.
 We will also be happy to consider enhancements developed by the community -
again, please write to me directly.

-- Bhaskar