--- Kevin Toppenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Oops.  Sorry.  I wasn't paying close enough attention.
>
> I guess I don't understand what you are after.  If it is a good
> editor, then just configure your system to call an editor in the OS.
> If you are on linux, I can help you make joe, vim etc to launch
> instead of the clunky VistA editor.
>
> But from that last post, it looked like you wanted something that
> would put boxes on the screen etc.  The ^XGF functions should do
> that.
>
> So what is missing?
>
> Kevin

The problem is that there's no obvious way to run a shell in a window
managed by XGF (a cterm?) I suppose you could do it if you wanted to,
but it would take some work. Basically, you'd have to collect input to
the window, pass it on to Linux, run the command, and display the
ouput. Running a curses based application like vim could be a real challenge.

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as
being self-evident."
--Arthur Schopenhauer