In the good old days of numeric $I we set the $I field to 0 (zero) and type to VTRM (virtual terminal). I'm not sure whether the device name is meaningful but this setup would be for the TELNET device.

Lloyd

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Zacharias" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 6:31 PM
Subject: RE: [Hardhats-members] HOME Device again...

This will only work for a particular session.  MSM captures the unix level
device (/dev/pts) and assigns it an M device number. If I set $I for CONSOLE of the DEVICE file to this number, it will work for that session only (unless the next time I log in and I happen to capture that particular MSM device). In our STD Clinic, I have, at any given time, 100+ users logged into the system.
$I can't be set to each users MSM $I.

Nancy sent me some stuff that seems to indicate that I might need to set up
some kind of virtual device.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks...

Michael

--- Cameron Schlehuber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That numeric value is what you put in the $I field ...