Hi,

Below is the documentation for RPC in the VistA Monograph.

My question is, how to connect to M Server, run particular RPC's and return data (Steps 1 thru 3 given below). And in this case
we are trying to do that from a .NET Application.

***************** RPC Documentation Starts ******************************************************************************

VistA's Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Broker software provides functionality so that GUI developers can:

1.  Establish a connection from a client workstation to a VistA M Server.
2.  Run RPCs on the VistA M Server.
3.  Return data to the client workstation.

Once connected, the client can execute Remote Procedure Calls on the VistA M Server. RPCs are written

in M and accessed through the VistA M Server's REMOTE PROCEDURE file (#8994).

RPCs can:

• Receive data from the client workstation.

• Return data to the client workstation.

• Execute other actions on the VistA M Server.

And you were saying about VistA Mappings for Cache ? What are they and where can I find them ?

And thanks much for your reply.

-GR.