On 08/20/11 14:47, Grigori Goronzy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the Uniscribe backend doesn't work on Windows XP and unnecessarily

Is that because we use the OpenType version of ScriptShape, etc?  In that case
I think I should switch to a GetProcAddress() method which is common practice
on Windows then.

> bloats HarfBuzz on Windows. According to commit logs it only is for
> testing purposes anyway, so can we have an option to disable it at build
> time?

Yes, we will have for everything.  I just haven't got to building the
configure system properly yet...

> Grigori
>
> PS: what happened to the 0.8 release and the promises of API stability?

I've been on vacation last week and this week, but I'm getting some hacking
done.  I'm integrating Graphite today.  It was necessary to integrate at least
a couple other backends to kick the last quirks out of the API.  So that's for
the API stability.  As for the 0.8 release, well, I just have been lazy :).