On 3/9/15 13:01, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Jonathan Kew <jfkth...@gmail.com
<mailto:jfkth...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi Behdad,

    Just wondering about hb_unicode_eastasian_width, and the underlying
    support for it in the unicode_funcs.... AFAICS this is not currently
    used in any way. (Or am I forgetting something important?)

    Do you have plans for this at all, or is it truly redundant?

It's redundant.  We should deprecate it and add another, redundant,
vertical-orientation property.  That will be useful by HarfBuzz clients,
for segmenting vertical text.  Having it in hb-unicode is handy because
client code can interact with hb-unicode API only.

Does that make sense to you?

Yes, sounds fine. (For now, I mostly wanted to check whether removing our current implementation of the EAW callback might be something we'd regret later.)

JK