> On Jul 24, 2019, at 9:13 PM, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> From: Behdad Esfahbod <beh...@behdad.org>
>> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 15:11:03 -0400
>> Cc: "harfbuzz@lists.freedesktop.org" <harfbuzz@lists.freedesktop.org>
>>
>> Nothing stands out to me.
>
> Thanks for taking a look.
>
> Could something like that be caused by an old version of Freetype
> library used with HarfBuzz?  I believe when the OP upgraded his
> HarfBuzz he also upgraded Freetype as its dependency.

Emacs don’t seem to be using FreeType integration on your Windows code, so that
seems unlikely.

I think Emacs is missing a call to hb_ot_font_set_funcs() after creating the
font. This is the default since only a few releases ago and Emacs code seems to
assume it. This is not needed on Linux since the FreeType functions are used
there.

Regards,
Khaled