Thanks a lot for the quick help.

I decided to go ahead with Freetype for C.

Since I'm new to C, I don't quite know how to connect function Char_Index
output to FT_Bitmap. I'm new to reading such C documentation.

//===================================================================#include
<ft2build.h>
#include FT_FREETYPE_H

void main()
{
FT_Library library;
FT_Face face;
FT_Error error;
FT_UInt glyph_index;
FT_Bitmap bmp;

int width=200;
int height=200;

error = FT_Init_FreeType(&library);
error = FT_New_Face(library, "/path/to/ttf", 0, &face);
error = FT_Set_Char_Size(face, 0, 16*64, 200, 200);

glyph_index = FT_Get_Char_Index(face, 0x41);

error = FT_Render_Glyph(face->glyph, FT_RENDER_MODE_MONO);
printf("%d\n", error);
}
Thanking you
Sagar Acharya