>> 2. Performance.  The result has to be reasonable competitive
>> performance wise.  E.g., starting eclipse has to be reasonable both in
>> time and space.

Jakob> How are doing with gcj in this direction?

I'm not sure I understand.  We do ok right now -- not great, but
competitive.  We're starting to look at performance a bit more now
than we did in the past.

Jakob> IMHO harmony should be ably to understand the
Jakob> gcj abi and the so cache, which is right now at the very heart of gcj.

This is hard for the reasons outlined before.

Tom