On 6/30/05, Neil Macneale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One of the reasons I am in favor of implementing as much of the JVM in
> Java is that I think it is easier to write secure code in Java than in
> C/C++.

I agree with this observation.

I was at Java One this week.  Two days ago during a Q and A session
with Sun's Mustang engineering team, the question was asked if they
implemented Mustang in Java.  The answer was something like, "Sunlabs
is doing research in building a JVM in java.  When they get it
correct, Mustang will incorporate it.  Mustang currently has a lot of
C/C++ code."

I also see merit in this observation.

  Weldon