From: Oliver Deakin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:58 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Subclipse Diff: Are there any way to ignore whitespace when
creating patch using Subclipse in Eclipse

Hi Richard,

If you go to Window->Preferences, then look in General->Compare/Patch there is a tick box that says "Ignore white space". Ticking this may solve some of your problems. However formatting that splits a single line into multiple lines (where the line length is determined to be too long) will still appear as diffs.

Richard Liang wrote:
Dears,

If you select "Spaces only" as Eclipse "tab policy" and you format the

Harmony source code in Eclipse, when you creating patch for the source

code, Subclipse may regard the source code as total different with the source in SVN. Then other developers cannot know what you have changed to the source code. So are there any way to avoid this confusion? Thanks a lot.

--
Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM