On 3/29/06, Enrico Migliore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm reading the documentation above and, at first glance, it seems to me
> that interfacing the SableVM to the Harmony Class Library is a task that
> involves the following steps:
>
> step 1
> ------
> The SableVM /has to/ implement the VM interface, in order for the
> Harmony Class Library to "find" the entry points of a certain number of
> native functions. The entry points are documented here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/doc/vm_doc/html/group__VMInterface.html
>

> step 2
> ------
> The SableVM has to implement a Java interface, which means that is /has
> to/ implement in C a small set of Java classes, documented in the
> following link:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/doc/kernel_doc/html/index.html#KernelJavaClasses

Perhaps you have already found the empty java stubs at:
modules/kernel/src/main/java/java/lang.  To get an idea how much of
the kernel class code need to be written in C vs. Java, take a look at
the filled in kernel classes I did for "hello world" on JCMEVM.  You
can find it on JIRA at HARMONY-192.  Note that I wrote almost zero C
code.  Most of the mods were in Java.

--
Weldon Washburn